If you're planning a visit to Wivenhoe, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Wivenhoe House – Book a stay at the beautiful, historic Wivenhoe House, a Grade II listed building from the 17th century, with its stunning grounds and gardens.
- Take a River Trip – Enjoy a leisurely boat trip down the River Colne with River Cruise Wivenhoe.
- Tour Wivenhoe Park – Explore the beautiful parkland, with its mature woodland and wildflower meadows, and take in the stunning views across the estuary.
- Explore the Castle – Visit the ruins of the 12th century Wivenhoe Castle, and explore the ancient fortifications.
- Visit Alresford Creek – Spend a day at Alresford Creek, a beautiful nature reserve with a variety of habitats, including ancient woodland and a reedbed.
- Get Active at the Sports Centre – Get active at the Wivenhoe Sports Centre, with a range of activities, such as badminton, squash, basketball and football.
- Enjoy a Picnic – Pack a picnic and enjoy a relaxing afternoon at one of the many local parks, such as Wivenhoe Town Park or Thorpe Hill Nature Reserve.
- Take a Wildlife Tour – Join an organised wildlife tour and spot a variety of birds and other wildlife in the area.
- Tour the Town – Take a tour of the town centre and explore the many independent shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Wander Through the Town Hall – Visit the Grade II listed Wivenhoe Town Hall, a beautiful 19th century building, and explore the art gallery and museum.
- Go Shopping – Visit the local shops in Wivenhoe, including the award-winning independent stores and the large supermarkets.
- Visit the Local Pubs – Enjoy a refreshing drink and a traditional pub meal at one of the many local pubs, such as The Red Lion or The White Hart.
- Go to the Beach – Take a trip to the seaside and spend a day at the beach.
- Take a Walk – Enjoy a leisurely walk along the promenade, or explore the countryside on a longer hike.
- Attend the Festivals – Take part in the many festivals and events held in Wivenhoe throughout the year, including the Wivenhoe Festival of Music and Arts.
There are many things to see and do near Wivenhoe. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!