If you're planning a visit to Thorpe Bay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Thorpe Bay Beach – Thorpe Bay beach is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. It's a great place for a sunny day out, offering a wide sandy beach, traditional beach huts and plenty of cafes nearby.
- Southend Pier – Take a trip to the longest pleasure pier in the world and enjoy some stunning views of the Thames Estuary. The pier is a great place to wander and explore, with plenty of cafes and shops.
- Thorpe Bay Yacht Club – The Thorpe Bay Yacht Club is a great spot for sailing enthusiasts. The club offers a range of sailing courses for all levels, as well as boat hire and dinghy storage.
- Adventure Island – Adventure Island is a popular theme park located in Thorpe Bay. The park offers a range of exciting rides, attractions and shows for all ages, as well as plenty of food outlets and shops.
- Prittlewell Priory – Prittlewell Priory is a Grade I listed building and one of the few surviving medieval monasteries in England. The priory is a great spot for a history buff, with a range of events and activities on offer.
- Thorpe Bay Golf Club – Thorpe Bay Golf Club is a popular spot for golfers of all levels. The club offers an 18-hole championship course and a range of other facilities, including a driving range, practice area and clubhouse.
- Chalkwell Park – Chalkwell Park is a great spot for a picnic or a peaceful walk. The park offers a range of facilities, including a children's playground, tennis courts, a bowling green and a boating lake.
- Thorpe Hall Gardens – Thorpe Hall Gardens is a picturesque spot and a great place to get away from it all. The gardens boast a range of plants and other features, including a rockery, a rose garden and a wildflower meadow.
- The Kursaal – The Kursaal is an iconic Grade II listed building, offering a range of entertainment, including live music and comedy. The Kursaal is also home to a range of restaurants, bars and shops.
- The Adventure Island Playground – The Adventure Island Playground is a great spot for families. The playground features a range of activities and attractions, including a trampoline park, climbing wall and water slides.
- Leigh-on-Sea – Leigh-on-Sea is a popular spot for a day out. The town boasts a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as plenty of scenic walks and views of the Thames Estuary.
- Hadleigh Castle – Hadleigh Castle is a great spot for a day out. The ruins of the castle offer stunning views across the Thames Estuary and the surrounding countryside.
- The Chalkwell Hall – The Chalkwell Hall is a Grade I listed building and a popular spot for events and activities. The hall offers a range of facilities, including a cafe, a theatre and a meeting room.
- Thorpe Bay Bowling Club – Thorpe Bay Bowling Club is a great spot for a game of bowls. The club offers a range of activities and facilities, including a bar, a restaurant and a bowling green.
- East Beach – East Beach is a great spot for a day out. The beach offers a range of activities, including swimming, windsurfing and kite surfing. The beach also boasts a range of shops and cafes.
There are many things to see and do near Thorpe Bay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!