If you're planning a visit to Mersea Stone, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Exploring Nature – Take a walk along the beach and explore the nature of Mersea Stone. Go bird watching and observe the many species of birds that live in the area.
- Mersea Museum – Visit the Mersea Museum to learn about the history of the island, its people and its culture. Learn about the famous Mersea Oyster and the different ways to prepare it.
- Enjoy the Views – Spend a day at the beach and enjoy the views of the Thames Estuary and the surrounding area. Get a chance to take some stunning photos of the coastline.
- Old Lighthouse – Visit the old lighthouse at the end of the island and take in the views of the area. Learn about the history of the lighthouse and the importance it once held.
- Swim and Relax – Spend some time swimming and relaxing in the waters of Mersea Stone. Go for a leisurely swim or take a float and relax in the sun.
- Visit the Pub – Visit The Red Lion pub and enjoy some traditional English food and drinks. Take a break from exploring the island and have a few pints.
- Clam Digging – Try your luck at clam digging and see what you can find. Clams are plentiful in the area and can make a great addition to any meal.
- Kayaking – Take a kayak out onto the waters of Mersea Stone and explore the local wildlife. Enjoy the views of the surrounding area from the water.
- Music and Arts – Take part in the music and arts events that take place in Mersea Stone. Enjoy performances from local musicians and artists from all over the world.
- Festival of the Sea – Take part in the Festival of the Sea that takes place on the island each year. Enjoy a range of activities from music and dancing to workshops and talks.
- Crab Fishing – Go crab fishing and see what you can catch. Learn about the different species of crabs in the area and try to catch your own dinner.
- Beach Walks – Take a leisurely walk along the beach and take in the sights and sounds of Mersea Stone. Admire the natural beauty of the area and the surrounding coastal views.
- Boat Trips – Take a boat trip around the island and get a chance to explore the area from a different perspective. Stop off at some of the more remote areas of the island and take in the views.
- Bird Watching – Find a spot on the island and go bird watching. See how many species of birds you can spot in the area and find out more about their behaviour.
- Sailing – Take a sailing trip out onto the open waters of Mersea Stone and explore the area from a different perspective. Enjoy the waves and the fresh sea air.
There are many things to see and do near Mersea Stone. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!