If you're planning a visit to Burnham-on-Crouch, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Wot-Sup Paddle Boarding School - Paddle board lessons, practice, or hire on a private lake.
- Visit the Maplin Sands – Located just a few miles away from Burnham-on-Crouch, the Maplin Sands offers stunning views of the Essex coastline and a great spot for a walk or a picnic.
- Take a Boat Trip – Enjoy a leisurely boat tour around the River Crouch and take in the sights and sounds of the picturesque area.
- Enjoy the Countryside – Explore the rolling hills and tranquil woodlands of the Essex countryside, with plenty of opportunities for walking, cycling and horse riding.
- Visit Coggeshall – Take a trip to the nearby village of Coggeshall and explore its historic buildings and traditional pubs.
- Visit the Burnham-on-Crouch Museum – Discover the history of Burnham-on-Crouch and its surrounding areas at this fascinating museum.
- Go Shopping – Enjoy a variety of shops in the town centre, including independent stores, antique shops and tailored boutiques.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine – Sample the delicious local produce at one of the many restaurants, pubs and cafes in the area.
- Take a Day Trip to London – Burnham-on-Crouch is well connected to London by train, so why not take a day trip to see the sights of the capital?
- Go to the Beach – Take a trip to nearby Southminster beach and make the most of the summer sun.
- Visit the Stour Estuary – Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Estuary and take in the stunning views.
- Visit Tiptree – Take a trip to the nearby village of Tiptree and explore its quaint shops, pubs and tea rooms.
- Take a Trip to Southend – Enjoy a day at the seaside in Southend, with its traditional pier and amusement arcades.
- Visit the Church of St. Mary the Virgin – See the beautiful 14th century church and its historic interior.
- Enjoy a Country Park – Relax and unwind in the beautiful surroundings of one of the many local country parks.
- Visit the South Essex Golf Club – Enjoy a game of golf at this prestigious golf club, with stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
There are many things to see and do near Burnham-on-Crouch. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!