If you're planning a visit to Jaywick, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Clacton-on-Sea – Located at the mouth of the River Colne, Clacton-on-Sea is a lively seaside town offering a range of activities from award-winning beaches to amusement parks and lots of shopping.
- Explore Jaywick Sands – A short walk from the centre of Jaywick, this beach offers stunning views of the North Sea and a range of activities from fishing and wildlife spotting to swimming and beach sports.
- Visit Tendring Technology College – A vibrant college offering a range of courses and activities for adults and children, as well as a range of athletics and sports facilities.
- Take a Stroll Through the Nature Reserve – Jaywick Nature Reserve is home to a variety of wildlife and is perfect for a relaxing stroll or a more active hike.
- Visit the Artillery Range – A military firing range just outside of Jaywick, the Artillery Range offers the opportunity to witness a range of military exercises and explore the history of the area.
- Check Out the Local Garden Centre – A small garden centre in the centre of Jaywick, specialising in plants, bulbs, seeds and garden accessories.
- Take a Trip to Brightlingsea – A small coastal town located just outside of Jaywick, Brightlingsea offers a range of activities from sailing and fishing to shopping and restaurants.
- Visit the Local Museum – The Jaywick Village Museum houses a range of exhibits from the local history, including artifacts from World War II, as well as a cafe.
- Take a Boat Trip – Several boat trips are available around the Essex coast, offering the chance to see the sights of the area from the sea.
- Visit the Local Wildlife Centre – A small wildlife centre just outside of Jaywick, offering educational activities and the chance to see a range of wild animals close up.
- Explore the Beach – The beaches of Jaywick are some of the best in the area, offering a range of activities from swimming and sunbathing to rock pooling and beach sports.
- Visit the Local Golf Course – The Jaywick Golf Course offers a range of activities, from golfing to tennis, as well as a clubhouse and bar.
- Take a Trip to Mersea Island – Mersea Island is a small island located just off the coast of Jaywick and offers a range of activities from cycling and walking to sailing and fishing.
- Visit the Local Pubs – The pubs of Jaywick offer a range of drinks and food, as well as traditional entertainment such as live music and karaoke.
- Take a Trip to Frinton-on-Sea – Located just outside of Jaywick, Frinton-on-Sea is a vibrant and lively seaside town offering a range of activities from shopping and restaurants to theatre and cinema.
There are many things to see and do near Jaywick. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!