If you're planning a visit to Tilbury, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Explore Coalhouse Fort – Home to a Victorian coastal defence fort, Coalhouse Fort is a great place to explore, with its beautiful views of the Thames Estuary and an array of flora and fauna.
- Visit Tilbury Fort – Built in the 16th century, Tilbury Fort is one of the best-preserved historic fortifications in the country and is a must-see for any history buff.
- Stroll Through Chafford Gorges Nature Park – This stunning local nature park is a great place to get away from it all, with its tranquil lakes, cascading waterfalls and abundant wildlife.
- Take a Trip on the Thames Clipper – Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the River Thames, taking in the views and learning about the history of the area.
- Check Out Tilbury Town – A vibrant town full of independent shops, cafe's and restaurants, Tilbury Town is a great place to take a stroll and explore.
- See the Tilbury Riverside Project – The Tilbury Riverside project is a regenerated area of the town, and includes parks, gardens and a range of activities.
- Visit Tilbury Power Station – This decommissioned power station is an interesting place to visit, and boasts impressive views of the river and surrounding areas.
- Take a Walk Along the River Thames – The River Thames offers spectacular views and is a great place for a leisurely stroll, with plenty of wildlife to spot along the way.
- Visit Mucking Flats Nature Reserve – With its array of birdlife, Mucking Flats Nature Reserve is a great place to visit for nature enthusiasts.
- Learn About Tilbury's History – The Tilbury Heritage Centre is a great place to learn about the town's history, with its interactive exhibitions and displays.
- Explore Purfleet-on-Thames – Purfleet-on-Thames is a small village on the river, and is a great place to explore, with its quaint cottages and quaint shops.
- Visit Tilbury Town Hall – This Grade-II listed building is a great place to explore, with its Victorian architecture and impressive stained-glass windows.
- Take a Trip to Gravesend – Just a short hop away is the town of Gravesend, which boasts a range of attractions, including a riverside promenade and a range of restaurants.
- Go Shopping in Lakeside – The nearby Lakeside Shopping Centre is a great place to do some retail therapy, with over 350 retailers and plenty of eateries.
- Enjoy a Round of Golf – The Tilbury Golf Club is a great place to try your hand at the game, with its 18-hole course and stunning views of the Thames Estuary.
There are many things to see and do near Tilbury. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!