Rochford tide times
Rochford tide times
Things to see and do near Rochford
If you're planning a visit to Rochford, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Hadleigh Castle — Hadleigh Castle is a ruins of a medieval castle located in Hadleigh, near Rochford in Essex. Built in 1215, it was occupied by the de Veres, Earls of Oxford until the 16th century. The castle is now open to the public.
- Go Bird Watching — With its proximity to the Thames Estuary, Rochford provides excellent birdwatching opportunities. There are a variety of species to be seen, from waders and wildfowl to migrants and occasional rarities.
- Explore Hockley Woods — Hockley Woods is a 45-hectare ancient woodland located near Rochford in Essex. It is home to a wide range of wildlife and plants, and also has some archaeological features.
- Visit Prittlewell Priory — Prittlewell Priory is a 12th-century Augustinian priory located in Prittlewell near Rochford in Essex. The ruins are open to the public and it is a popular tourist attraction.
- Check Out Rochford Manor — Rochford Manor is a 15th-century manor house located in Rochford in Essex. It is open to the public and offers a variety of interactive activities and exhibitions.
- Spend Time at Rochford Railway — Rochford Railway is a heritage railway located in Rochford in Essex. It runs regular steam and diesel services between Rochford and Southend-on-Sea.
- Take a Boat Trip — A boat trip from Rochford will take you along the River Crouch, where you can take in views of the estuary, marshes and the picturesque villages of south Essex.
- Visit the Museum of Power — The Museum of Power is located in Langford in Essex. It is home to a collection of engines, steam pumps and other equipment used in the past to generate electricity.
- Go Shopping — Rochford has a range of shops, from independent boutiques to larger stores. There are also a variety of cafes, pubs and restaurants to enjoy.
- Check Out The Rochford Hundred Golf Club — The Rochford Hundred Golf Club is located in Rochford in Essex. It is a premier golf course with an 18-hole championship course, driving range and practice putting green.
- Take a Walk — With its proximity to the Thames Estuary and the Crouch Valley, Rochford is an excellent location for walks. There are a variety of routes, ranging from easy strolls to longer hikes.
- Visit Chalkwell Park — Chalkwell Park is a large public park located in Chalkwell near Rochford in Essex. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds and butterflies, and offers a range of activities, including a boating lake and a skate park.
- Attend a Festival — Rochford hosts a variety of festivals throughout the year, from music and food festivals to literature and arts events.
- Explore Ashingdon — Ashingdon is a village near Rochford in Essex. It is home to a range of historic buildings, including a medieval church and a 16th-century manor house.
- Go to the Beach — Rochford is just a short drive away from a number of popular beaches, such as Southend-on-Sea and Leigh-on-Sea.
There are many things to see and do near Rochford. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!