If you're planning a visit to Clacton, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Clacton Pier – Clacton Pier offers a variety of family-friendly attractions including an amusement arcade, mini golf course, bowling alley, and indoor play centre. The pier also has a variety of shops and eateries.
- Take a Tour of Walton-on-the-Naze – This picturesque village is home to the Walton Lighthouse, one of the oldest brick towers in the UK. Visitors can take a tour of the lighthouse and explore the surrounding area.
- Visit Southend-on-Sea – A popular seaside resort, Southend-on-Sea offers a wide range of attractions including a long pier, amusement parks, an aquarium, and much more.
- Explore the Tendring Peninsula – The Tendring Peninsula is a beautiful area of countryside and coastline, with some fantastic views. There are plenty of walks, cycle routes, and beaches to explore.
- Visit St. Osyth – This pretty village is home to a 12th century priory and a beach. The village also has a number of shops and eateries.
- Take a Boat Trip on the River Colne – Enjoy a peaceful boat trip along the River Colne, taking in the beautiful scenery and wildlife.
- Explore the Clacton-on-Sea Beach – Clacton-on-Sea's beach is a great spot for a stroll, with a long stretch of sand and plenty of activities to enjoy.
- Visit Frinton-on-Sea – This seaside resort town is home to a number of attractions including a long promenade, a golf course, and plenty of shops and eateries.
- Go Sailing at St. Osyth Bay – St. Osyth Bay is a great spot for sailing, with plenty of space to explore.
- Visit the Colne Valley Railway – Travel back in time with a ride on the Colne Valley Railway. This heritage railway offers visitors the chance to explore the area in a classic steam or diesel train.
- Visit Brightlingsea – This charming little town is home to a number of historic buildings, as well as a vibrant marina.
- Explore the Dedham Vale – This area of countryside is home to some stunning views of the countryside and riverside.
- Visit Mersea Island – This island is a great spot for nature lovers, with plenty of wildlife to see and explore.
- Go Shopping in Colchester – Colchester is home to a number of shops, restaurants, and attractions.
- Take a Tour of Harwich – This historic town is home to a number of attractions including a fort, a lighthouse, and a maritime museum.
There are many things to see and do near Clacton. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!