If you're planning a visit to Bradwell Waterside, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Wot-Sup Paddle Boarding School - Paddle board lessons, practice, or hire on a private lake.
- Stroll Along the River Crouch – Take a leisurely stroll along the river Crouch and take in the sights of the River Crouch Estuary. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the water and take in the sights of the flora and fauna, including the many species of birds that inhabit the estuary.
- Visit Bradwell Bird Sanctuary – Visit the Bradwell Bird Sanctuary and explore the many bird species that have made the area their home. With a variety of habitats ranging from salt marshes to woodland, you can spot a variety of birds in the area.
- Enjoy Watersports – Enjoy a variety of watersports such as sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, and paddleboarding on the waterside. There are also plenty of facilities available to hire equipment and boats, as well as instruction and lessons.
- Explore Bradwell on Sea – Head to the small coastal village of Bradwell on Sea and explore its small harbour, fishing fleet and sandy beaches. Wander around the village, enjoy the local pubs and restaurants and take in the views of the estuary.
- Visit the Subterranean Military Complex – Visit the historic military complex of the Subterranean Forts which date back to the Victorian era. Enjoy a tour of the complex and learn about its history and the many military operations that took place there.
- Enjoy a Picnic at the Beach – Enjoy a picnic down at the beach and take in the views of the estuary and the surrounding countryside. Relax and take a dip in the sea and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the beach.
- Visit the Anti-Aircraft Battery – Visit the historic Anti-Aircraft Battery and learn about its role in defending the Essex coast during World War II. Explore the bunker and experience the atmosphere of a wartime fortress.
- Visit the Roman Fort – Take a trip to the nearby Roman fort of Othona and explore the remains of the ancient settlement. Learn about the history of this site and take in the views of the estuary and surrounding countryside.
- Take a Cruise on the Estuary – Take a cruise on the estuary and enjoy the sights and sounds of the river and its wildlife. Relax and take in the views of the surrounding countryside and spot a variety of birds and other wildlife along the way.
- Visit the Nature Reserve – Visit the Bradwell Nature Reserve and explore the many species of wildlife that inhabit the area. Take a stroll through the reserve and spot a variety of birds, mammals, and insects in their natural habitats.
- Visit the Martello Tower – Visit the historic Martello Tower and learn about its role in defending the Essex coast in the 19th century. Explore the tower and enjoy the views of the estuary and the surrounding countryside.
- Relax at the Beach – Relax and take a break from the hustle and bustle of life down at the beach. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and take a dip in the sea or just relax and take in the views of the estuary.
- Take a Walk Along the Estuary – Take a walk along the estuary and explore the surrounding countryside. Enjoy the views of the estuary and spot a variety of wildlife along the way.
- Visit the Lifeboat Station – Visit the lifeboat station and learn about its role in rescuing people from the estuary and its many dangers. Take a tour of the station and learn about the brave men and women who help to keep the estuary safe.
- Enjoy a Day of Fishing – Enjoy a day of fishing down at the estuary and take in the sights and sounds of the river. Catch a variety of fish, including bass, sea trout, mackerel, and mullet.
There are many things to see and do near Bradwell Waterside. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!