Harwich tide times
Harwich tide times
Over 700 locations available
Things to see and do near Harwich
If you're planning a visit to Harwich, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Explore the Coastline – Take a stroll along the coastline and take in the stunning views and scenery.
- Visit Harwich Redoubt Fort – The Harwich Redoubt Fort is a 19th century fortification located on the outskirts of Harwich which offers an interesting insight into the region's history.
- Visit the Harwich Maritime Museum – Learn about the maritime history of Harwich at the Harwich Maritime Museum, located in the old Town Hall.
- Visit the Harwich Electric Palace – The Harwich Electric Palace is a Grade II listed building dating back to 1911 which houses a cinema and performance space.
- Check Out the Lighthouses – Take a trip to the lighthouses at Dovercourt and Harwich and enjoy the stunning views out to sea.
- Explore Harwich Park – Harwich Park is an 18th century parkland with a variety of facilities including a children's play area, a cafe and a boating lake.
- Visit the Harwich Town Walls – Take a walk along the historic town walls and explore the area's rich heritage.
- Visit the Harwich Haven Authority – Learn more about the local wildlife and conservation efforts at the Harwich Haven Authority.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip on the River Stour and explore the picturesque riverside villages.
- Visit Colne Valley Railway – Take a trip on the Colne Valley Railway and experience the sights and sounds of a steam railway.
- Visit the Beaumont Hall Gardens – Take a stroll through the Beaumont Hall Gardens and admire the beautiful flower displays.
- Explore the Essex Coastline – Take a drive along the Essex coastline and enjoy the stunning views and scenery.
- Visit St. Nicholas Church – Take a visit to St. Nicholas Church and explore the fascinating architecture and history of the area.
- Visit the Harwich Art Trail – Explore the Harwich Art Trail and discover a variety of sculptures and displays by local artists.
- Discover the Local Wildlife – Go for a walk in one of the nearby nature reserves and discover the local wildlife.
- Visit the Harwich Festivals – Enjoy a variety of music and art festivals throughout the year at the Harwich Festivals.
There are many things to see and do near Harwich. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!