If you're planning a visit to Shoeburyness, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Shoeburyness East Beach – Shoeburyness East Beach is a stunning beach with beautiful views of the Thames Estuary and Southend-on-Sea. It is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing and fishing.
- Take a Walk Along Shoebury Common – This beautiful common area is great for a scenic walk. There is plenty of wildlife to spot and the views of the North Sea are stunning.
- Visit the Old Shoeburyness Battery – This historic fort is a great place for a day out. It has a museum and a range of other attractions including a shop, cafe and visitor centre.
- Tour the Hadleigh Castle – This 12th-century castle is a great place to explore and learn about the history of the area. There are also some beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Visit the Belton Horse Sanctuary – This animal sanctuary is a great place to visit and learn about the local wildlife. It is home to a range of horses and other animals, and you can also take part in activities such as pony rides and horse riding lessons.
- Visit the Leisure Park – This fun park is great for a day out with the family. It has a range of rides, attractions and activities for all ages.
- Visit the Southend-on-Sea Pier – This iconic pier is a great place to spend a day. You can take a leisurely stroll along the pier and admire the views of the Esplanade.
- Explore the Shoeburyness Nature Reserve – This nature reserve is a great spot for bird watching and wildlife spotting. There is also a range of trails and paths to explore.
- Visit the East Beach Cafe – This small cafe is a great spot for a bite to eat. It serves a range of traditional English dishes and homemade cakes.
- Go Shopping in Southend-on-Sea – This town is a great place to go shopping. There are a variety of stores and boutiques, as well as a bustling market.
- Take a Tour of Shoeburyness Military Museum – This museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. You can also see a variety of military artefacts and memorabilia.
- Sample a Pint at the Shoeburyness Microbrewery – This microbrewery is a great place to sample some local ales and beers.
- Take a Trip to Two Tree Island – This small island is a great place for a day out. It has beautiful views of the Essex coastline and a range of wildlife to spot.
- Embark on a Boat Trip from Shoeburyness – This is a great way to explore the area. There are a variety of boat trips available, from leisurely cruises to more adventurous trips.
- Take a Stroll Around the Shoeburyness Old Town – This old town is a great place to explore and admire the history of the area. There are a variety of small shops, cafes and galleries to check out.
There are many things to see and do near Shoeburyness. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!