If you're planning a visit to Walton-on-the-Naze, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Take a Self-Guided Tour of Walton's St Andrew's Church – One of Walton's most prominent landmarks is St. Andrew's Church. This Grade II listed building is one of the oldest churches in the area and features a Norman doorway and plenty of interesting features. Take a self-guided tour and explore the ancient architecture, learn about its history and admire the stunning stained-glass windows.
- Explore the Naze Tower – Built in 1720, the Naze Tower is a Grade I listed building and a great place to explore. Climb to the top of the tower and enjoy the stunning views of the local area, or take a stroll around the grounds and explore the various pathways and trails.
- Visit Walton-on-the-Naze Beach – The beach at Walton-on-the-Naze is a great place to relax and enjoy the stunning sea views. Take a stroll along the beach and explore the nearby sand dunes, or take a dip in the sea and cool off.
- Enjoy the Nature Reserve – The Walton-on-the-Naze Nature Reserve is a great place to explore the local wildlife. Take a leisurely stroll through the nature reserve and admire the various species of birds, wildflowers and other wildlife.
- Visit the Town Museum – The Walton-on-the-Naze Town Museum is a great place to learn about the local history. Explore the various exhibits and displays and learn about the area's past, from the Roman occupation to the modern day.
- Play a Round of Golf – The Naze Golf Course is a great place to play a round of golf. The course features stunning views of the local area and is a great place to relax and enjoy a game.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip around the local area and enjoy the stunning views of the coastline. Boat trips are available from the local boat club and can be a great way to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Enjoy the Local Shopping – Walton-on-the-Naze is home to a variety of local shops, cafes and restaurants. Take a stroll through the local streets and explore the various shops, or enjoy a bite to eat in one of the local cafes.
- Climb the Cliffs – Climb the nearby cliffs and enjoy the stunning views of the local area. The cliffs are a great place to explore and can be a great way to get some exercise.
- Visit the Local Pubs – There are a variety of local pubs in the area. Enjoy a pint of local ale or a traditional English meal in one of the local pubs, or just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Take a Trip to the Countryside – Take a trip to the nearby countryside and explore the local area. Take a stroll through the woodlands or explore the nearby fields and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- Explore the Art Galleries – Art galleries in the area are a great place to explore the local art scene. Take a stroll through the galleries and admire the various pieces of art, or take a class and learn how to create your own.
- Enjoy the Local Events – Walton-on-the-Naze is home to a variety of local events throughout the year. Enjoy live music, festivals and other events in the local area, or take part in the local races.
- Visit the Local Markets – Local markets are a great place to explore the local produce. Sample the local food, browse the stalls and enjoy the atmosphere of the local markets.
- Take a Walk Along the Coastline – Take a walk along the local coastline and enjoy the stunning views of the sea. Stop off at one of the local beaches and take a dip in the sea, or just enjoy the scenery.
There are many things to see and do near Walton-on-the-Naze. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!