If you're planning a visit to Southend-on-Sea, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Discover Southend-on-Sea's beaches - Visit one of the eight beautiful beaches that have earned 'Seaside Awards'.
- Visit Leigh-on-Sea - Take a day trip to Leigh-on-Sea for a spot of shopping, a bite to eat, and to explore the charming cobbled streets.
- Visit the Southend Pier – This is a must-do in Southend. Stretching for 1.33 miles, the pier is the longest in the world. From here you can take a leisurely stroll, have a bite to eat or take a fishing trip.
- Explore Adventure Island – A great family-friendly amusement park with rides, attractions, and a mini golf course.
- Climb the Southend Cliffs – Climb the Southend Cliffs and take in the stunning views across the Thames Estuary.
- Visit the Southchurch Hall Museum – Step back in time and explore this fascinating museum showcasing the history of Southend.
- Enjoy the Beaches – Take a dip in the sea or soak up the sunshine on the golden beaches of Southend.
- Take a Trip to Thorpe Bay – Enjoy the scenic views from Thorpe Bay and take a dip in the sea.
- Visit the Kursaal – This iconic 1930s art deco building is now home to a ten-pin bowling alley, casino, and a variety of bars and restaurants.
- Visit Shoeburyness – Explore the traditional seaside town of Shoeburyness, with its picturesque waterfront and its bustling high street.
- Have Fun at the Sea Life Adventure – A great day out for the whole family, with a variety of marine species and plenty of fun activities.
- Take a Trip to Southend Airport – Take a tour of the airport and learn about the history of aviation in the area.
- Explore the Rochford Hundred Golf Club – This beautiful 18-hole course is a great place to go for a round of golf and take in the stunning views.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip along the Thames Estuary and spot an array of wildlife.
- Visit Southend Caves – Explore the mysterious underground caverns and tunnels of Southend.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine – Tuck into some of the local delicacies such as fish and chips or a classic British Sunday roast.
There are many things to see and do near Southend-on-Sea. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!